Friday, December 10, 2010

How To Wear : DENIM ON DENIM
Hey Fellas,
                When I discovered Denim on Denim(DOD)was Back,thought we Nigerians cannot possibly take this Fashion Risk but my bad. Few weeks ago I spotted a Natty Fella walking casually down the street,doubling his Denim up, it was then I Realise that we are Nigerians and nothing is impossible(we could even be trendsetters).So I decided to give my own Lecture of the rules the Fella Observed to make this trend which was once a Fashion Don't now a must Do:

  1. There must be a contrast between the two Denim piece,Meaning that one piece should be darker than the other so it does not look like a Denim Suit.
  2. Roll your sleeves up and make your wrist-less bare by adding some hand accessories like beads,bracelets and leather cuffs.
  3. No Boots,not just because its not right but also we are not from Texas but Nigeria(No cowboys).
  4. Your Denim on Denim should fit you right and You can tuck your Denim shirt into your Jeans and knot yourself a tie,it will be a Perfect Business Casual Outfit.
  5. Break it up with Leather or Suede Shoe or Sandal and Belt.
  6. Denim Accessories - If You feeling the DOD is too serious for your style,You could introduce a Khaki or Chinos bottom( they look good together)and you could just bring in some denim accessories to complement your style like denim shoe,pocket square,sandal,hat or cap,watch,belt and denim wristcuff.

1 comment:

uche nwokolo said...

Lik d whole idea of DOD but dnt u think its a lil hot for a full blown denim outfit.its bound 2 mk u sweaty.less is mor.jst 2 or 3 staple pieces cn do wonders.if it was me,I woundn't wanna feel hot especiallly if I'm going smewer rily 9c n chic